mou chotto

Just got back from one of my elementary school's graduation ceremonies. It was pretty much identical to the junior high's ceremony (same formality, same program, same frigid gym) except for the fact that the students were still just kids rather than young adolescents. They played Vivaldi's "Spring" from The Four Seasons on a loop as the kids went up one-by-one to get their diplomas. Sure didn't feel like spring :P


students wave goodbye to 6th graders from balcony, me being ambushed outside staff room door

After seeing off the 6th graders in the hall all the families headed outside where I had my picture taken by every student and their mom (literally). For 1 hour there was a queue of students lining up to get their pic taken with me and get my autograph :P No place like a rural Japanese elementary school to make you feel like a rock star (even had the news cameras following me around for a time).



Tomorrow's a national holiday (Spring Equinox) so there's actually only 2 days left of school before spring break XD Until then there's much to do, much to do.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I always get choked up during my students' graduations, so I don't attend as many as I should. You oughta be flattered they all want to have their photo taken with you. Just think, when they're your age: they'll look at their digital photo albums and say, 'Who was that? I can't remember her name!' (~_^)

Read my blog, I've got family updates: dizzyalien.vox.com Don't forget to sign into your vox account.

Popular posts from this blog

An Update

Down on the 4th

It's cold inside