エルニーニョに感謝

One of my most enjoyable moments during the week is my long drive through the mountains from my small elementary school every Wednesday. I only have my routine ALT duties at the junior high on Thurs and Friday so Wednesday after school is my midweek breather. This week on the drive home the air was so warm I rolled down the windows and turned up the music. The sunlight was reflecting off the muddy rice fields and the snow-crested mountains and I was the only car on the road the entire way :D This whole month has been comparatively warm but of late it's beginning to feel more and more spring-like. The cherry blossoms are predicted to bloom early this year and when they do I intend to enjoy every moment of it this time. 楽しみ~p(^-^)q I'll be there stretched out on the river bank everyday under the cherry blossoms with a good book, a bottle of wine or listening to my new ipod (on it's way ;).

Only one more month of school remains before the new semester begins in April. The blooming of the cherry blossoms has always coincided with the beginning of the school year, which is one reason there's always been opposition in Japan from changing the semesters to resemble that of the western school year- the blooming time carries symbolic meaning of new beginnings, according to my host dad :P

At the end of March there's one week off before classes start up again. Once again teachers are still expected to come in to work during that time, and once again I'll be taking some of my vacation days to escape 'the ken' for awhile. Travel plans TBA.

It's been an especially indulgent and enjoyable month. Too bad it's so short :( The time has come to save, if I were wise...

Comments

Jack Rodgers said…
Hey, is Pan's Labyrinth coming to Japan any time soon? If it is you definitely need to see it. It's unbelievable - I loved it. It is kinda violent though. And if you're back in the States any time soon I have more fantasy to recommend for you...

Popular posts from this blog

An Update

Down on the 4th

Winter Break Itinerary